Is it possible to add further customization for Forestry?

Want to request or discuss ModTweaker features? Post it here!

Is it possible to add further customization for Forestry?

Postby Gumball » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:20 am

Maybe this can't be done without the Forestry people support and thus needs to be discussed with them, but it would be really great if you could add other liquids and base resources to the Moistener instead of only water and wheat, and also other fermentation fuels to the Fermenter (currently only accepts Fertilizer, Mulch or Compost).

My suggestion for the Moistener is that the alternative liquid and base resource have to be linked to the recipe. to make myself clearer, an example:

: [Select all] [/] [] ()
//Time recipe requires (Ticks), InputStack, OutputStack, RequiredFluid, OrderedArrayOfBasicResourceDegradation
mods.forestry.Moistener.addRecipe(5000, <minecraft:porkchop>, <minecraft:rotten_flesh>, <liquid:milk>, [<minecraft:bread>, <somemod:mouldy_bread>, <somemod:mold_mass>]);
//liquid milk and bread can only be used in this recipe, and any other we add ourselves. they are not new ways of obtaining micelium, just new things the moistener can do.
GeSHi © Codebox Plus

As for the Fermenter, my suggestion is similar:

//InputStack, InputFluid, FermentationFuel, FermentationValue, FloatModifier, OutputFluid
mods.forestry.Fermenter.addRecipe(<somemod:taurine>, <liquid:juice>, <minecraft:redstone>, 100, 2, <liquid:energydrink>);
//energydrink and taurine being defined by some other mod.
GeSHi © Codebox Plus

this would increase the integration of mods in a modpack tremendously, and give server admins the power to create a really immersive and natural feeling experience for their players. Thank you.
Gumball

Re: Is it possible to add further customization for Forestry

Postby Voidi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Take a look at it. Should be possible.
Voidi

Postby Gumball » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:44 pm

but it's not. See:

// Moistener Recipes
//Time recipe requires (Ticks), InputStack, OutputStack
mods.forestry.Moistener.addRecipe(5000, <minecraft:grass>, <minecraft:dirt:2>);

// Fermenter Recipes
//InputStack, InputFluid, FermentationValue, FloatModifier, OutputFluid
mods.forestry.Fermenter.addRecipe(<minecraft:sugar>, <liquid:water>, 100, 2, <liquid:for.honey>);
GeSHi © Codebox Plus

wheat for moistener and mulch, compost or fertilizer for the fermenter are considered fuels. They are not part of the recipe. Maybe ModTweaker team and Forestry team could get together and expand the possibilities of these 2 machines a lot by dropping the concept of fuel for the one of a catalyst, good for a certain number of operations.
Gumball

Postby Voidi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 am

Argh. I should definitely improve my English.
What i realy want to say was: I will take a look at it, to add this functions.
Should be done with the next version 0.9.2.
Voidi

Return to ModTweaker Feature Discussions