scripting annoyances.

Need help with your script? Want to know how to do something? Want to post an example? Post it here!

scripting annoyances.

Postby jah ith ber » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:00 am

A few things I want to ask.

This one has probably been asked before but are item IDs usable?

Secondly, if Item IDs arent usable, how can I get a certain recipe to use items that arent in the oredict? For example, In a personal private modpack, some mods I am using include Metallurgy 4, Buildcraft, Project Red and IC2.

A recipe I want to make would be to replace the diamond pickaxe in the buildcraft quarry with a Tartarite Pickaxe from metallurgy 4 and replace the redstone with a red alloy ingot from Project red.

Another recipe would be to replace the wood planks in the batbox recipe with damascus steel ingots from metallurgy 4.

I am new to this mod so I just wanted to ask a few things... that is all.

EDIT: Seems all scripts error for me... even basic ones. I cant made a single damn script without some trolly error getting in the way. Heres a couple scripts I have tried.

: [Select all] [/] [] ()
recipes.remove(<Buildcraft|Factory:machineBlock>);
recipes.addShaped(<Buildcraft|Factory:machineBlock>, [[<Buildcraft|Core:ironGearItem>, <ProjRed|Core:projectred.core.part:10>, <Buildcraft|Core:ironGearItem>],[<Buildcraft|Core:goldGearItem>, <Buildcraft|Core:ironGearItem>, <Buildcraft|Core:goldGearItem>],[<Buildcraft|Core:diamondGearItem>, <Metallurgy:tartarite.pickaxe>, <Buildcraft|Core:diamondGearItem>]]);
GeSHi © Codebox Plus

That a buildcraft one.

and this one is just a replacer recipe for the ender chest along with a rename, pretty simple right? well it errors anyway...

: [Select all] [/] [] ()
recipes.remove(<minecraft:ender_chest>);
recipes.addShaped(<minecraft:ender_chest>, [[<Metallurgy:black.steel.ingot>, <Thaumcraft:ItemResource:2>, <Metallurgy:black.steel.ingot>], [<Thaumcraft:ItemResource:2>, <minecraft:blaze_powder>, <Thaumcraft:ItemResource:2>, [<Metallurgy:black.steel.ingot>, <Thaumcraft:ItemResource:2>, <Metallurgy:black.steel.ingot>]]);
<minecraft:ender_chest>.displayName = "Transdimensional Strongbox";
<minecraft:ender_chest>.addTooltip("Carries its own inventory even across dimensions.");
GeSHi © Codebox Plus
jah ith ber

Re: scripting annoyances.

Postby Stan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:33 pm

In 1.6.4, you can use item IDs, but in any of the 1.7 versions, you can't. The item names (as output by /mt names) are the new item IDs and the only supported way to refer to items.

Take care with capitals. BuildCraft is written with a capital C, making the recipes fail. In your second example, there is a missing ]. Actually, the error told you in both cases what was the issue...
Stan
Site Admin

Postby jah ith ber » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:18 am

Sorry if the OP sounded a bit rude, I was a little frustrated. Being new to this mod and not fully understanding it even after reading the tutorials.

I made the fixes you mentioned and it works like a charm, many thanks.
jah ith ber

Postby turopikeq » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 am

thanks
Craft is the handmade thing that is made up of the logical and creative people and mine weaker is publishing. Board index is setting with the scripting help and helping essayontime.com.au writers by the post reply searching option in all of us.
turopikeq

Return to Scripting Help