Scripting Help - Readme

Need help with your script? Want to know how to do something? Want to post an example? Post it here!

Scripting Help - Readme

Postby Stan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:30 pm

If you have an issue with your script, this forum is the one for you. Currently it is possible to post as guest, but I recommend making an account as I might revoke this permission if there is too much spam on it.

This forum can be used for the following purposes:

• You are writing a script but don't find how to get this working.
  • You want to write something special but don't know if and how it can be done.
  • You want to provide an example of specific uses for other users

Checklist before posting:

• You did read the tutorials, right? Good.
  • Make sure every instruction ends with a semicolon (;)
  • To refer to an item, use <the.item.name> as reported by the /mt names command. Use <1234> in MC 1.6.4 to refer to an item by its ID.
  • If you define your own variable, you just write the variable name, without < >
  • Make sure that shaped recipes have a twodimensional array = two levels of brackets. A shaped recipe with two items horizontally next to each other is [[item1, item2]]
  • Take care that all brackets close each other. Opening and closing brackets must match!

Posting guidelines:

• Don't be shy to post if you are having difficulties, just as long as you are doing effort on your part. Does it take longer than 15 minutes to fix? Then you could clearly use help - post! If you still discover a fix, you can simply reply your own post. Your solution may still help others and provide me with useful feedback. MineTweaker is supposed to be painless to use, so I like to know the difficulties you are experiencing.
  • Use the [ code=zenscript file=filename.zs ] tag for your code. I gave the forum lessons about the script syntax.
  • Always post your entire script. Not only does this show us the line numbers as they really are, this also helps to check if your issue might be caused by something earlier in the script. Isolating the issue to a small script is always helpful, too.
  • When listing errors, never omit the first errors (you may omit later errors). In multi-file scripts, you only need to post the script that is causing you issues. This is important since errors may cause other errors.

I will expand with common errors as I encounter them. Please help each other fixing scripts, as you'd have me focus my efforts on new features rather than fixing scripts, right ;)

Please be kind to each other, both when asking and replying other users' questions. There is no issue with stupid errors and mistakes.
Stan
Site Admin

Re: Scripting Help - Readme

Postby null » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:32 am

Where the fuck can i find the tutorial at?
null

Re: Scripting Help - Readme

Postby benjamin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Hey so i went through the tutorial and all but nothing works for me!!
Let me explain:
I use the Curse launcher to play modded minecraft, and i installed minetweaker3 on my custom modpack, added a folder called "scripts" and in that folder i added "mintweaker.zs"!
So i open "minetweaker.zs" with notepad and do my scripts for diffrent crafting recipes and click save and when im in game i do /mt reload but the crafting recipes dit not change!!

Pls tell me how to make a new crafting recipe for turning 2 cobblestone into 1 gravel, 2 gravel into 1 sand, 1 gravel + 1 dirt + 1 sand into clay (all shapless)
with the CURSE launcher!

Ps: if im the one who's doing something wrong pls tell me what!
benjamin

Return to Scripting Help