Roxa's Stone Stairs

Need help with your script? Want to know how to do something? Want to post an example? Post it here!

Roxa's Stone Stairs

Postby CaerMaster » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:27 pm

I've always felt the vanilla Minecraft stair recipe (6 blocks of raw material to get only 4 stairs, 50% material wastage) to be unreasonably stingy. Even the most wasteful reasonable method of making stairs ought to be able to get one stair from one block (25% wastage), and if you're cutting blocks up and assembling the pieces into stairs, you ought to be able to get 8 stairs out of 6 blocks most of the time (assuming no significant wastage). So, I'm using MineTweaker to replace all of the stair recipes, both vanilla and modded.

This is working fine on all of the vanilla stairs, and I've started working my way through all of the mod stairs. But I've run into a problem with Roxa's Stone Stairs Mod, which adds a stair made from smooth stone as well as those made from cobble or from stone bricks, because of the name of the item: <Roxa's Stone Stairs Mod:stairStone>

The apostrophe appears to cause Minetweaker to fail to parse the item name:

: [Select all] [/] [] ()
recipes.remove(<Roxa's Stone Stairs Mod:stairStone>);
recipes.addShapedMirrored(<Roxa's Stone Stairs Mod:stairStone> * 8,
                          [[<minecraft:stone>, null, null],
                           [<minecraft:stone>, <minecraft:stone>, null],
                           [<minecraft:stone>, <minecraft:stone>, <minecraft:stone>]]);
GeSHi © Codebox Plus

ERROR: stairs.zs:16: Could not resolve <Roxa 's Stone Stairs Mod:stairStone>);

Can anyone suggest a way to solve this problem? If I end up having to leave this recipe untouched at 6 for 4, so be it, but I'd like to be able to be consistent across all stairs.
CaerMaster

Re: Roxa's Stone Stairs

Postby Timeslice » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Wow, spaces AND punctuation. What a terrible internal name for a mod. I would start by complaining to Roxa, they should really know better than to do that.
Timeslice

Postby CaerMaster » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah, Roxane is aware of the problem and has plans to change it, but ... hasn't yet. I was just wondering if there was any way to work around it in the meantime, but I've tried every way I can think of to escape the problem characters and none of them worked.
CaerMaster

Postby Stan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:11 pm

No workaround so far, sorry. I hadn't anticipated such characters in item names.
Stan
Site Admin

Postby rativotago » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

i love this blog. thank you
Rosa’s stone share this article that was all about the stairs it was share on these projects. I was able to make report or need to write my essay that was all on this topic having the all details that were good to read.
rativotago

Return to Scripting Help