How close to mod support is MT3, when compared to MT2?

The place to request or discuss MineTweaker features.

How close to mod support is MT3, when compared to MT2?

Postby AlCapella » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 am

Greetings Stan,
Wanted to know, how close to MT2's mod support is MT3? The modpack that I am currently working on got heavily tweaked, and MT2 is both showing its age, and slowing us down. But we're not sure if to jump ship to MT3 yet. Our pack is hovering around the 220 mods now.

Would you be kind enough to let us know how many mods are supported so far? It'll help me in deciding if to continue hacking with MT2 or switch to MT3 pronto!

As always, thanks for this lovely mod.

P.S: Decided to post exclusively here with all enquiries from now on, to recover my registration investment ;)
Why do mods appeal to me? Each day, you can say: today is a wonderful day for chef/engineer/sorcerer/swashbuckler/beach bum!/ad infinitum :)
AlCapella

Re: How close to mod support is MT3, when compared to MT2?

Postby joshie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Currently in official MineTweaker there is:

NEI Support
IC2 Support
Gregtech Support

So I'd hold off on switching to MT3 in 1.6 for a while. In 1.7 however... :P

Stan's pretty good at keeping the wiki up to date with what's supported see:
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wi ... od_Support
joshie

Postby Stan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:30 pm

That's right. I hope to add support for BuildCraft and Forestry next week. After that I'll be on vacation for a while, so I hope to finish at least most of the mod support by then.

In the meantime, still improving the scripting engine towards the state I want it to be, so I can have a complete description of the scripting language.
Stan
Site Admin

Postby AlCapella » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:35 am

Stan wrote:That's right. I hope to add support for BuildCraft and Forestry next week. After that I'll be on vacation for a while, so I hope to finish at least most of the mod support by then.

In the meantime, still improving the scripting engine towards the state I want it to be, so I can have a complete description of the scripting language.

This means, sticking with MT2 until at least end of August?
Why do mods appeal to me? Each day, you can say: today is a wonderful day for chef/engineer/sorcerer/swashbuckler/beach bum!/ad infinitum :)
AlCapella

Return to Feature Discussions